background

Saturday, June 30, 2018

Day 20: Edinburgh / Day 8: 2nd Honeymoon


A perfect day for a walk. Sunny and 60. Cool in the shade and warm in the sun. So we set out to the Scottish National Museum

Very impressive.



My favorite exhibit was the Royal history. There is a replica of Mary, Queen of Scots, tomb that is at Westminster Abbey. Since no photos 
were allowed at the Abbey, 
I was glad to take this one to share.



The 7th (and top) floor has a terrace. It was a beautiful day and we could see all the way to the ocean. 

Our walk back took us to the Grass Market 
area by way of Victoria Street.




Where everything is Harry Potter. When we return home, I will begin watching all of them. 
No, I haven't seen them. I will admit it 
was pretty cool seeing where J.K. Rollings 
got a lot of her ideas for the books and 
the pub where she actually did some writing.



















Knights....well of course :)



We found the perfect place for Dave, 
he is going for the deluxe package.




We went in and had lunch and enjoyed the pub atmosphere for a Saturday afternoon.
We have been adventurous with local food 
and so far have not been disappointed.
I'm really liking the Lattes 
and Dave is experimenting 
with dark beer. 





Next we found the statue and monument for
Grayfrier's Bobby.
A cute little Skye terrier.




The dog's name was Bobby and after his owner died, he led the procession to the grave and never left. The church finally built a shelter for him and for 14 years he stayed by his master's grave only leaving for food. Grayfrier's church looked after him and when he passed away, they buried him 75 yards from his master. This is his headstone.


I'm betting there will be tears when
I watch this movie.

After taking a little rest, we ended our
stay in Edinburgh with a farewell walk.

Passing the trolleys again


And St. John's Church, even 
the castle in the background


We walked in the Princes Street Gardens
again and came across this beautiful
caretakers cottage. It is called
Aunt Lizzie's Cottage.
It is used in a children's TV series called
Teacup Travels.

One last view of Edinburgh Castle


Farewell Edinburgh


No comments:

Post a Comment