A typical English breakfast is a bit different.
A typical morning meal includes
pork and beans and very runny eggs
and oatmeal is called porridge.
We are at a university and that means all that goes with it. I never attended college so this is yet another adventure for me. Actually living in the dorm. My roommate is wonderful. Helpful.
I just love her :) Sharing a bathroom that is
down the hall is a bit of a challenge-at 3am.
All in all, I am having the time of my life
and have met many new friends.
Late in the morning we set out for
Borough Market.
A kind of outdoor food market. Locals can purchase food to prepare at home as well as many different varieties ready to eat. A very extensive seafood collection!
So many different things to see. We really enjoyed the stroll through the market.
In the background was a great view of the Shard-the tallest building in the United Kingdom.
After lunch, (I chose a Thai noodle dish with chicken) we met back at campus to discuss Dr. John Snow before visiting the site of the Broad Street Pump.
This is not the John Snow from Game of Thrones. In 1854 this John Snow connected the cholera outbreak to the water source of a particular water pump on Broad Street in London. Saving millions of lives and changing thoughts of how some diseases spread. There is a pub on the corner as a tribute-John Snow Pub.
The pump is gone due to construction but there is a plaque.
I love being a part of this. Watching these young nurses learn and watching my daughter guide them. These students will go on and could make a difference in peoples lives, as Michele has.
The day ended with walking and enjoying more sights and sounds. I'm really getting my steps in everyday.
What an interesting trip your having!
ReplyDelete