background

Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Day 10

Today I was reminded of the fact that we are in a university and the group I am with is actually doing studies. There are 8 students from Tarleton who are going into their senior year of nursing school. There were 3 groups giving presentations concerning information in England that effects the nursing profession. I chose to listen and I am glad I did. It was interesting and informative. 



After all the presentations, as we have done every day, we entered the underground tube. As a Texan, this is such a foreign concept. It is very crowded and everyone is moving quickly, focusing on a destination. There are stairs, ramps and escalators. Slow traffic to the right. The first few days it was overwhelming. But thanks to Michele, I understand the app on my phone for the tube system and things got easier. 
This an example of the route I will take Friday to get Dave at the airport.


As we travel through the corridors underground, there are people entertaining. I have heard piano, violin, guitar and even flute. All the way in London underground I found this young man singing "Wichita Lineman". Doing a very good job too.
Another very impressing entertainer. I was told this how Ed Sheeran was discovered. 

At 3pm today, the entire group enjoyed 
"high tea" at Bea's. 








Various finger sandwiches, sweets, coffee 
and of course TEA! 



Michele enjoyed her soy milk Latte




I had a delicious almond milk hazelnut Latte.
I also tried lemongrass ginger tea. Yum




After the tea, we strolled Marylebone High Street.
Beautiful architecture and shops. I was impressed with the book store.




Our day ended relaxing in our room. I am enjoying the time with my sweet girl and will treasure it forever. Before I get too sappy, let me laugh at this last picture....what girl doesn't want to do a mud mask to wind down and chill out!





No comments:

Post a Comment