background

Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Day 24: Dublin / Day 12 : 2nd Honeymoon - Part 1


And we're walking.....

It's actually a beautiful Dublin day. The locals say that Dublin weather is usually very consistent...consistently awful. We must have brought the sun with us :)  Today is a high of 76 with a cool breeze. I'm really going to miss that. 
So a lovely day for a stroll.
Just across the street from our hotel,
 we found this little park. 







Along the way, more breath taking churches





And then our destination! 
The original Jameson Distillery 
that began in 1780.




As with Guinness, there was a strong woman beside the man. Margaret Jameson had 16 children. John Jameson was born in Scotland but moved to Dublin and made his fortune.




We enjoyed the taste testing. Learning the different aromas, swirling, seeing the legs or fingers on the glass and then tasting the many flavors. It is similar to tasting wine. 








Dave enjoys his whiskey "neat". That's straight up.
I usually don't care much for whiskey, but I found a new drink. Jameson with ginger and lime. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment