What a blessing they are in my life.
Paula continues to amaze me with her hospitality. Her knowledge, kindness and sharing attitude is a treasure. This trip she shared a sweet spot,
Messina Hof Winery.
Sunday brunch was incredibly delicious. Dave had table side french toast-cinnamon raisin bread topped with a mascarpone cream and Angel, Late Harvest Riesling.
Served with a flambé of banana.
Paula and I chose the eggs benedict.
Everything was beautiful.
The food and service was incredible
While we waited for our tour of the winery, Paula took us on a drive. We visited her old neighborhood and saw this. A young white tail doe in a beautiful field of Mexican Hats.
Both native of Texas.
The winery tour was the best I've been on. Very informative and entertaining. Not to mention, all 4 wines we sampled were very tasty. As a novice wine drinker, I prefer sweet red. As veteran wine drinkers (would that be a wino? LOL), Dave and Paula enjoy dry. But we all found common ground on the dessert wine, called Port.
We bought a bottle and that
evening had the wine over
Blue Bell vanilla ice cream.
What A Treat!!
The rest of the weekend we enjoyed playing cards and helping Paula with her "to do list".
One item was fixing and getting
her beloved bird feeder back in use.
The weekend ended with my dentist appointment Monday morning. My least favorite thing to do. However, all went well and I will save all of that for a later post. Much Later. Maybe July. :)









I'm so happy for you! Looks like a great weekend!
ReplyDelete