background

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

My Birthday - 57!!

What ?!? 5 7
Now that I am there, it doesn't seem old at all!

I can't help but think about John and what we might be doing if he were still here. But that leads to lonely feelings so I try and steer away from too much of those thoughts.
Being with friends and family makes things all better.
A sleepover with my forever friend was just what the Dr. ordered! Two girls, now "mature" women who can still see through those young girl eyes. We have celebrated birthdays for about 45 years.
 
 
 
After returning home, my sweet daughter had baked me a cake and brought me supper. Yummm
Amy liked it too!
 


Later an evening with my YaYas. My 2 sisters from other mothers! They always make me smile.

And finally a day with my son and family.
Fun would be putting it lightly. We also celebrated Bryce's birthday. It started out with breakfast at one of our favorite places. It was such a beautiful day we ate on the patio. I couldn't help but think of those in the north with all the snow. Well, it's Texas and tomorrow could be freezing :)

Then bowling! What fun!!!!





Then the drive home. Back to small town.

The beginning of my 57th year. What is in store?
What is God's plan. I know that is not for me to know so I will do my best to leave it to him and try and enjoy the ride.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Friend! I'm so proud of you - lots of changes you've weathered. So lovely you are. You do make 57 look good! I hope your next year is sweeter than the last.

    Love,
    Analene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! What a perfect day and a super way to celebrate with friends and family. I love to hear of all your adventures. A sleepover~ now that IS wonderful. Unfortunately I'm always the one that can sit up till 4am talking :-/

    2015 hold a visit to come see me, right? I sure hope so~

    Hugs Brenda. So glad you are enjoying each day~ Cinnamon

    ReplyDelete