May 1995, I met the love of my life at Six Flags over Texas! Waiting in line at the "old fashioned cars" no less. He with his 2 kids and me with my 2 kids. Our mutual friends exchanged our numbers and 2 weeks later we became inseparable. June 1996 we were married and the journey began.
We bought 80 acres in VERY rural Texas and spent every weekend, holiday and vacation there.
2004 we began building our "little house on the ranch". And when I say WE, I mean we actually built a house. John was amazing and could to anything.
By 2008 all of our kids were on their own so we left our big city jobs and began living our dream in the country. The 1st year was spent finishing the house. I was working in town and it was very exciting to come home to see what John had accomplished that day. Those were the days of a dream come true. Spending each day caring for each other and enjoying the life we built.
Then everything began to fall apart. Early 2011, John was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer that had spread to his bones, brain, liver and kidneys. He fought but the dark days took over and he lost his fight in August 2011. He went home to heaven and suddenly I was alone. I would have been lost without the love of my children, family and friends. The first year was the worst. Lots of crying and doubt. That's when I found my renewed faith in God. Faith in God AND myself. Widow was not a title I ever thought I would have, but at 53 years of age, God had a plan for me.
After 2 years, difficult decisions and changes were made. I sold most of the ranch and moved to town. So now I am here. Here in this new place-physically and mentally. Making windmill wishes and for creating a new life. Travel seems to be something that gives me the excitement I was missing. Also, I care for my youngest grandchild. What a blessing. If laughter is the best medicine then I am getting a good dose almost every day. The journey to get to the place in my life was not easy, but I can finally say that I am blessed to be here. I am finding happiness again.
Please visit my 1st blog, www.murphyranch.blogspot.com, to see the fun and hard work John and I enjoyed as we built our life there.
I also invite you to visit here to see how things develop as I find my new way.
No comments:
Post a Comment