I am beginning to realize I could never live in Seattle-I miss the sun. Yes, I said that. I am missing the hot Texas sun! It's the end of May and I am wearing sweat pants. My electric bill is loving it.
The end of April I barely completed the cover for my garden when the storms began. I created somewhat of a frame of chicken wire to protect my vegetables against birds and the hundreds of squirrels in my neighborhood. I got everything planted just 6 days before the first hail storm. I didn't know I was protecting the vegetables against hail too. But as it turned out, all would have been lost without it.
With all of the rain, hail and flooding, this what it looks like now
Thank goodness the bed are raised.
One day the sun peeked out for a bit and I took a drive to the ranch.
The new owners are such wonderful people. We have become friends and I cherish them. It warms my heart to see the love and care they give to a place that John and I also loved. I truly believe God had a hand in that entire situation. Bringing me not only a buyer but a friend. Their last name also begins with an "M" so the changes they made to the front gate really makes me smile.
The rain has brought such growth and lush green to an area that had been in drought for years.
I brought these roses from Tyler Texas (where my mother grew up) in 2007. After being transplanted last year, they are thriving once again. Tyler is the rose capital of the world and produce the most hearty and beautiful roses-in my opinion. What do you think?
I really miss the hummingbirds ....
And the cows
I transplanted some wild flowers from the ranch to Brenda's B& B!
Even put a few under my new windmill. The "in town" windmill. You might have guessed that I have a thing for windmills. :)
And last, I didn't take this photo but it is of the lake nearby the ranch. Proctor Lake.
It has been literally drying up for years and now it is FULL. Full and overflowing.
GOD IS GREAT
We have been getting much of that rain in Colorado as well. I don't think we got nearly that much, but it has been raining everyday since I last posted the pictures of the full creeks. When we flew back to Florida, our connecting flights to Houston were cancelled due to the floods. We connected in Dallas instead… which had its share of weather. Steve flew back to Colorado via Dallas last night. Loved all of your pictures. Your garden looks wonderful. I have chicken wire over my garden beds in Colorado also, and realized that it protected them from the hail too. I am planting some veggies in pots and in our little bit of flower bed area in the front here in Florida. Its wonderful that you got to go back and visit the ranch. Have a great week.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Pam