So I hit the road and headed to my home town-Irving.
It started with a visit with a high school friend. Laughs and hugs. It still amazes me how lifelong friends are created during those 4 years in high school.
Then on to my big brother's house. He still lives in the town we grew up in. While most of the town has changed tremendously-some areas are just the same.
I was there to celebrate his birthday. He is 11 years older than me so I'll just let you do the math :)
He chose a birthday dinner at Red Lobster. YUMMMYYY!!
Eat-Drink-and be Merry!
When we were young, my Mom always made him a peanut butter cake for his birthday. Unfortunately, our Mother has been gone for many years and we never got that recipe. With pintrest and the internet, I went on a search to create his favorite cake.
I did it. It was a hit! He LOVED it. I was so pleased.
We enjoyed cake and milk and laughed.
Then back on the road for me. It was a great day.
No comments:
Post a Comment