background

Monday, August 4, 2014

Lake Fork


My GPS was set, full tank of gas and the audio book in the CD player.

Making a road trip to visit a dear friend. I am a "back roads" kinda girl so it took me a little longer than others might like, but I enjoyed the drive. Going through small towns with such character. Some with majestic court houses and white columned homes. All have angelic churches. Some grand others small but all powerful. If walls could talk, what stories they could tell.
I also enjoy the livestock and trees along the way. I like to imagine stories to go with the farms and homes I pass.

Finally I reach my destination. Debbie and Pete's lake home.


To our delight, we awaken to a cool front the next morning. 68 degrees in Texas in July!!!
So tennis shoes and socks were needed.

 
 
Coffee on the porch and watching the blue birds.



After a tour of the park, we headed out to visit the nearby town. Mineola.


In town we visited a friend who has a shop on main street. She makes stained glass creations. Very beautiful.

That evening we watched movies and played games. It was a wonderful getaway. Debbie and I always have a good time together.

My last day, the Texas sun returned and flipflops are back!
 
One more cup of coffee and goodbye to my special friends.
 


On my drive home, I came up with an idea. I want to share the beauty I see on the back roads. I am planning to take a photography class and get a nice camera. As I travel, I want to focus on churches and courthouses. Soon, this blog with see the result of my travels.


No comments:

Post a Comment