background

Monday, July 7, 2014

Independence Day



 

All things red, white and blue! In keeping with that theme, I made a low carb/low sugar dessert.



Layers

  1. Sugar free strawberry jello
  2.  Fresh strawberries.- Mix jello as directed and when almost set, mix in the strawberries.
  3. Regular Cool Whip.- The difference in calories, fat and sugar is so low that it is hard to decide. Since I watch carbs, I went with the regular since it had lower carbs than fat free. 
  4. Fresh blueberries-If you can find sugar free blueberry jello, do the same a with the strawberries. If not, just layer some blueberries for color and yummy :)
That's it! It's a light, sweet goodie. Enjoy....like I did!
 

Along with the parades, cookouts, family and fireworks-I hope everyone remembers that freedom is not free. I am so thankful for the history of our country and the freedom I have.
God Bless America!



No comments:

Post a Comment